Moth SeasonLatest News
The Moth season has started so here are some things you should look out for to keep your fur pieces safe from those pesky moths!
– Firstly and ideally and if money is not problem please do consider storing your fur garments into cold storage – recommendation to follow shortly.
We store our garments in a stock room or our wardrobes so below are pointers to help you preserve your furs:
- Regularly check your garment/s for moth before storing at home. If there is any evidence of moth please have cleaned / anti moth with a specialist furrier cleaner. Philippa London have a specialist cleaning and anti moth service. Evidence of moth or moth damage can be boldness, moulting and lining damage.
- Place your garment/s in a dark and coolest part of your house.
- Keep you fur in a breathable clothing bag or with accessories a tied pillow case or dust bag.
- Secure any openings of your clothing bag with a hair band.
- Shake your garments regularly to make sure moth free.
- Use Lavender bags or Sandalwood cubes inside your clothing bag
- Make sure you put some padding around the shoulders area to ensure the shoulders don’t misshapen.
- Do not put pheromone moth traps inside your clothing bag, as this will attract the moth!
- Don’t hang or store any fur products nearer direct heat, as this will dry out the skin.
- Avoid direct sunlight to avoid sun bleaching
Please note anti moth finish lasts up to 6-12 months so regular anti moth and specialist cleaning is advisable.
Please do get in touch if you have any additional information to looking after our furs.
Thank you for reading this.